Re: [xmca] Re: A Failure of Communication

Thanks Christine,
Yes, I wasn't asking for a justification of your work, simply for some of
the back story of what your "project" is (as Andy calls it - and for whom
agency happens when individual projects become collective projects - or at
least that is how I understand one of Andy's points).

It is a very interesting project that I wish I had more to offer. My
understanding of British Empiricism is only slightly better than my
knowledge of British neo-Hegelianism which is near zero. But speaking to my
prior email about the importance of contexts for understanding the meaning
(of authors), I suspect that my reading of favorite works would be
enlightened by a better understanding of that trend. For example, I just
taught Willis' Learning to Labour and I have to assume that British
neo-Hegelianism would have been an important part of the context in which
this book was written. Do I have the timing of the movement about right?

(and note that I'm doing my best to prove you wrong on the matter of my
ignorance!).

Cheers,
-greg