Re: [xmca] Abstract to Concrete

Hi Larry,
 One thought, I now wonder if you'd have gone here -
http://lchc.ucsd.edu/MCA/Mail/Current.Mail/msg00079.html
 to pick up the incompatibility question and  your distinguishing
'3rd form' , but I realise now in presenting a raw historic stage (
one long before being an 'attentive reader' in an everyperson kind of
way - the kind of way that is a 'beginning' before  project) it was so
'raw' it included hearing/vision and autoaffection- which you have
responded to.
>  CS yes it was a 'holding period' too. I'm intriqued as in circles
>> around Edward Said lectures etc this is assumed to be 'gone' and
>> questioning begins with 'wouldn't that be what we need?' - yet to me I
>> have 'lived' present day values which *are* such a 'recurrence' ,
>> 'it's all around' in Andalucia of the 1980's/90s - isn't it still ?-
>> were n't those ( victims of nostalgia?)  able to look and find what
>> they so want?
>>
> [LP] That is a BIG question. It brings to mind McLuhan's *acoustic space of
> the ear* which is more  intimate in contrast to *vision* which is more
> differentiated. I'm playing with the notion that THIS format may be *seen*
> or *heard* as a particular dis-position or *way* of understanding. I am now
> expressing hunches, and speculations, and *imaginary possibilities* but
> transforming recurrences into possibly novel rhythmic ways of reading,
> listening and recognition as new forms of *reading RESPONSE* as
> answerability.

 I speculate too - and wonder as this line of enquiry along a line of
phenomenology  in relation to 'intervention'  research, in the
action-research project I encountered, gets a mention but hasn't a lot
of  further development since Uchiyama's thesis  - until it's
appearance in education oriented action-research... hmm he was
interested in Bin Kimura's critique of Henry  who critiqued Heideggers
-- so the comments earlier in June on xmca are interesting (  this
work came out of care to understand conditions and schizophrenia - -
(other work in psychology  has too Deleuze and Guattari's work etc)).
 I haven't found writing on the historical development of thinking
from that point in history - and I'm not equipped for such a project.
so for me the stance is that of your 3rd form - which is meaning full
as 'bracketing' to me, it's an impossibility -overcoming recourse (
value -experiencing) - there is no panacea to a bridge for such a gap
( Just as is  'working to produce' might not have 'bridges' across
disciplines and traditions.

'hearing' in dialogue is in moments alongside 'objectification and
subjectification' where action-research is accepting both becoming a
social formation and encountering auto-affection...

In this tradition from which Uchiyama's work  found a holding, there
is also a parellel line of working  - using a 'boundary concept' in
systemic intervention - from Midgley's work in a 'critical' tradition.
These are 'going along together'. It struck me that this was what Greg
was aasking Huw about - also back in June -  I missed all that at the
time.
 BFN. Christine.

I have so much I want to read...