Re: Fwd: Fwd: [xmca] A Failure of Communication

Mike

Personally I enjoyed the clarity of her presentation.
I do not have the depth of background understanding required to navigate
the similarities and differences between the competing theories of concepts.

Kathleen's style of presentation and how she in a one hour presentation
situated different models of concepts I found helpful and informative.

Andy, Kathleen's ability to put in question the classical notions of
concepts and then introduce her model which privleges the linguistic and
Wittgenstein's insights may be challenged and *seen through* as not
adequate for a deeper understanding of concepts. However it contributed to
my education and helps me become more familiar with the multiple *genres*
which are competing for legitimacy within psychology as a discipline. Andy,
your project to promote a model of concepts as an *ideal type of
developmental model* may question Kathleen's conclusions but she left room
for this form of questioning.

Mike, watching Kathleen's presentation furthers my understanding of Andy's
project, and Charles' project.  There may be others on this chat site who
appreciated the way Kathleen oriented  her listeners to the complexities of
this topic and contributed to our shared explorations of the concept of
concepts.

Larry