Re: [xmca] ISCAR Newsletter?

Hi Nektarios--

The history of your background and the various papers you sent provide a
really helpful context for understanding your messages on xmca. Thanks a
lot for sending along.

An observation related to a question:

In skimming the references in several of the the papers, only one of them
seemed to border on the edges of XMCA discourse; Knorr-Cetina, and others.
But the rest appear to be from a completely discourse world, but
overlapping topic of concern. Is that a correct impression?

If so, how are you planning to locate the concept of "help seeking" within
whatever clan of CHAT family theories you are using to think about the
problem. It seems a great topic for cross-cultural research because it is
goes right to the issue of the differing meanings in the semantic field of
"hope" related to differing social solutions to universal problems.

All very interesting.
mike