Re: [xmca] Given Tablets But No Teachers, Ethiopian Kids Teach Themselves

Andy-- I am concerned, among other things, with the question of whether and
under what conditions it is useful to make a distinction between learning
and development and in particular whether, at the temporal scale
of events that involve teaching/learning a form of change those adopting a
Vygotskian view would designate as development is possible.

If not, then I suggest that the notion of zone of proximal development is a
non-starter. Criticizing those who mistake a zone of proximal development
from a zone of proximal learning seems somehow irrelevant unless
development can be said to occur in teaching/learning interactions.