[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Help with LSV and Heinz Werner links?
- To: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Help with LSV and Heinz Werner links?
- From: Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:52:22 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=aqRm9KieoWp9E6QTUDb23vAfM+gpANM6ufadJc/VnEQ=; b=p82gQ7DWXDnbhdguQlNDHOir1rNegjFV96OWFvqRYa/6gw9oyd70Gu8VC3z0lQ62tA iZHHnq8Cuh7h2xmKbN2hBiJX7h+J3lrAqvoHXaLLYDRvkL6R+Z0nk6gDz+gc8htYYszA +WQemtLNnEJbGuzBsHiU1QbwKZuDMWF2jmg7VonBUKkBBfcn2j7IiXx+87a3GAoVgUr8 lPik1y+ygideXZVReUeCOGwetlr40X4SR/Eh9RG13uJDt3JsOqLj1z9fvMrkSws0DgyO 4nQdbL7Zc5VVhQxUJf39I1AgV5WPMuXiaOsvOehcDLbFqZfKm5iyy4sRbi0rvBuZrxl6 Tg7w==
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0BVpGzPPk0vB5dDNKpZMJ8KORaqD9UMSaKnuTfv7+NBvw@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHH++PmrVxyZ1cJQgs2d1K-dnSF7U-jQn7hrOFxdpa_VRjntuQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAG1MBOGrKpPHrA0a3-qO4LowDbS9Bf1+8io9TOLPTbNobxx6Dg@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0BVpGzPPk0vB5dDNKpZMJ8KORaqD9UMSaKnuTfv7+NBvw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks Huw, and great question about meeting. (e.g, Have we met?)
And thanks Mike - searching now. (and I think we have met?)
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM, mike cole <email@example.com> wrote:
> The expert on Werner and Vygotsky is Joseph Glick who is cc'ed on this
> Werner is cited in Eisentshtein's writings (incorrect identification by
> Leyda, the editor!) in
> connection with the case study of the mnemonist written about later by
> Luria. (Eisenshtein, LSV, and Luria appeared to interact a lot). Joe has at
> least one article in American Psychologist on this topic.
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Huw Lloyd <firstname.lastname@example.org
> > On 17 October 2012 08:05, Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
> > > I just want to make sure I've tapped this Extended Mind with regard to
> > the
> > > question of whether there is direct evidence of a connection between
> > > Vygotsky and Werner?
> > >
> > > They seem to me like "birds of a feather" (both were interested in art,
> > > aesthetic experience, pedology, defectology, genetic method /
> > developmental
> > > psych) but I'm just wondering whether they ever "flocked together."
> > >
> > > Despite the significant overlap, I can imagine them not having met or
> > known
> > > of each other (Vygotsky seems more familiar with the Berlin school than
> > the
> > > Leipzig school, but that is from my very limited knowledge of his
> > > work). But I'm just wondering if there are any interesting connections
> > that
> > > I should know about, or any leads that might help me to figure this
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated.
> > >
> > >
> > Greg,
> > Kozulin mentions their referencing/knowing of each others work in "A
> > Biography of Ideas" (p.118, p.166).
> > Of further interest, what does "to meet" mean?
> > Huw
> > > Thanks,
> > > greg
> > >
> > > p.s. this is for the paper I'm giving at the SCT/SLL annual gathering.
> > > promise to cite my sources (i.e. you) appropriately!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
> > > 883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
> > > Department of Anthropology
> > > Brigham Young University
> > > Provo, UT 84602
> > > http://byu.academia.edu/GregoryThompson
> > > __________________________________________
> > > _____
> > > xmca mailing list
> > > firstname.lastname@example.org
> > > http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
> > >
> > __________________________________________
> > _____
> > xmca mailing list
> > email@example.com
> > http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
> xmca mailing list
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
Department of Anthropology
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
xmca mailing list