Re: [xmca] Re: microgenesis?

And/or in line with Heinz Werner's work on microgenesis, what about Mike's
example of the attenuation and fading out of an image on the retina (into H
or B or 8)?

That is a microgenetic development, no?

It certainly fitz in with Werner's work - which seems cousin to Vygotsky's
work (hence my earlier question about links between Vygotsky and the
Leipzig school of Psychology).

But it does also seem like something different from how Wertsch has
developed the notion of microgenesis, but perhaps a bit closer to
Valsiner's development.

I think this is a great start but that there is a lot more that needs to be
included in the genesis of that development, esp. vis a vis the social
context (what Andy might be calling "sociogenesis" - the development of the
situation), but psychophysical perceptual developments seem like a good
start.

-greg

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> Can I make a suggestion for what might be called a mirogenetic
> development, Mike?
> Performance of a form of an action by a child, with assistance, which
> survives the situation in which the assistance was given. (with the proviso
> that the form of action is culturally meaningful).
> Andy
>
> mike cole wrote:
>
>> well we are sure agreed about the context dependent part. I argue for
>> different principles of change in what ... I refer to as
>> cultural-historical genesis. I am just real uncertain about how to
>> characterize more micro levels of development/context/**historical.....
>> change.
>>

>> Wertsch's paper is one of several treatments of the topic, the only one I
>> could put my bytes on quickly and as a followup to Vera's suggestion. There
>> are other papers with other examples. But first, what about what we have??
>>  mike

Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
Department of Anthropology