Re: [xmca] Help? - Microgenesis, Microgenetic, Microgeny?

Thanks all for the specification of textual origins, they help a lot.

With respect to bicycle riding which I have been thinking about while being
bus driver and busboy for my grandkids: I can see how it runs into trouble
because  chimps can acquire the ability to ride a bike and LSV's focus on
on higher psychological functions. However, it seems to have a lot of the
properties he invokes to hold onto the specifically human/higher psych
functions. If it does not count, then I guess that the shift from crawling
to walking does not qualify as a microgenetic/developmental change either.
Is that a correct interpretation of LSV? It rules out any developmental
change between birth and the acquistion of language doesn't it? If so, the
scope of the term, development, with respect to LSV and ontogeny differs
from my own views.

Since qualitative change in the organization of sensory-motor behavior
appear off the table when discussing HIGHER psych functions, might you turn
your scalpels to the acquisition of the ability to read a phonetic alphabet
fluently?  How am I going wrong in believing that acquisition of reading is
a developmental process in which learning also plays an essential role that
shifts in the course off acquisition?

mike

PS- I will only be online occaisionally in the coming week owing to travel
and ucsd startup. Thanks again for the helpful input.