Re: [xmca] Child Development in Film and Literature: Help!

Hi Mike,
You might want to look at
http://www.amazon.com/Kinderculture-Corporate-Construction-Childhood-Educational/dp/081332310X

There are myriad references to media and literature influences.
RL

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM, mike cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking of teaching a course on the way the process of child
> development
> is represented in film and literature. Mostly I am aimed at fiction, but
> classic studies
> such as "7 up" would count, I guess, but the focus is on fiction. Just not
> lecture on the topic.
>
> Frankenstein is on my list.
> 400 Blows
> South Park TV program
> The Simpsons...
>
> I would really welcome suggestions.
> mike

*Robert Lake  Ed.D.
*Associate Professor
Social Foundations of Education
Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8144
Phone: (912) 478-5125
Fax: (912) 478-5382
Statesboro, GA  30460

http://georgiasouthern.academia.edu/RobertLake

 *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
midwife.*
*-*John Dewey.