RE: [xmca] Understanding is no method but rather a form ofcommunication

The idea that AR is not a method was there from the beginning I think and the work done by Lewin, Lippitt and others with CCI.  It was always considered an approach but not a specific research method.  I don't think it has anything to do with any philosophers.

Michael

________________________________

From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu on behalf of Martin Packer
Sent: Tue 7/17/2012 10:36 PM
To: lchcmike@gmail.com; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Understanding is no method but rather a form ofcommunication

Mike,

Bridget Somekh and Morten Nissen refer to Gadamer in their introduction to the special issue - they mention that his distrust of method (see my note to David) has been taken up by some action researchers, who argue that AR is not a method, or has no methodology. Insofar as the other articles are based on Vygotsky/Leontiev and/or Lewin, their sources predate Gadamer and Habermas.

Martin

>>> _____
>>> xmca mailing list
>>> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu<mailto:xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>