RE: [xmca] RE: Smolucha article

True. But it seems to be the tide, not the boat, that corresponds to creativity. Is the tide the higher mental function, or that which facilitates its development? That's where I'm confused. p

From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Feigenbaum
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:31 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Cc: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: [xmca] RE: Smolucha article

Peter--

If we accept that the initially biological processes of perception, attention, and memory are later reformulated fundamentally by the acquisition and development of a system that organizes these processes along cultural lines, why should creativity and imagination be considered exceptions?  The same tide lifts all boats.

Peter F.

Peter Feigenbaum, Ph.D.
Associate Director of Institutional Research
Fordham University
Thebaud Hall-202
Bronx, NY 10458

Phone: (718) 817-2243