Re: [xmca] "Rising to the concrete"

Putting together the Sayeki article that Mike pointed to, with its talk of "seeing as," and Brecht's post, with his mention up upward and downward movement, suggests to me that the movement from concrete to abstract to concrete involves imagination, and also that it is a hermeneutic process: I'm reminded both of Aristotle's definition of 'hermeneia' was 'saying something of something' and Wittgenstein's emphasis on 'seeing as.'

Martin