[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Symp. on research on work for AERA 2013
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Symp. on research on work for AERA 2013
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:52:47 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=eaVXfOejnJJAWCwEHC2akEm/ei/oJrDHgRlTW8qbQ88=; b=O+5unXw728c5eJgsgJc4G6P3O9F1SHcKfnJfSJ/zSLLfIPGM/rCEJX56Z+nb78HmxO /ElRMASL/xwVcB9YtsIZntUlDcb59b7HpofAC3DA2O1jUsZyK9p6h/Zs5/MuY7kMAJDc 9qGXFVt4zyXrsY2GEXSYg8fL++7cWhGiqus+rkMR63Udi/OYwaNi1i0c+F30/HwS5bNb WpNwMahse51HlkbzBzdLVI+0HZdphWxI590gYxO2I+1i/1l6wrXqrVo+OL39C5CKXrCm 3ywe626e7j9+/d5xCbPkO/QctGmlD0tqUri0VTQKHqOdw53Bf8GBe5FUz1Y9xP+Tp/BS fO+A==
- In-reply-to: <CC2304CA.4FC2email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CC2304CA.4FC2firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I volunteer to get a free memembership! :-))
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Worthen, Helena Harlow <
> Mike, everyone --
> I still hope to propose something.
> It would be a symposium (and I would mark it as a potential roundtable)
> which means I'd need a roster of co-participants. I would like it to focus
> on studies of work (work having a certain relevance to exits from poverty).
> I would prefer to make it a discussion and comparison of the efforts of
> researchers who have studied work (Sylvia Scribner, for starters -- I'm
> reading her studies of the assembly workers in the dairy plant -- but also
> Sawchuk, Lave, Billet, some people from Engestrom's outfit). I would like
> to see if there is any kind of historical development in the way work is
> researched. Of course, it would be great if the symposium discussion could
> come up with an agenda for researching work.
> I'd appreciate some volunteers to go in on this and refine it with me.
> I have been looking on the AERA website but can't see any place where it
> actually tells you how much registration costs. Seems to me this
> information ought to be posted in a way that's easy to find. Any
> And I also had to smile when I saw that, if you paid full dues for 20
> years and are now emeritus, you get a free membership!!! This is
> definitely a hangover from the olden days when tenure-track and tenure was
> the norm and people could count on a 20-year career in a single job, ending
> with emeritus status. But there's no low-income membership rate for people
> who, having had many jobs, are now retired but not "emeritus" or whatever.
> Helena Worthen
> Visiting Scholar, UC Berkeley Center for Labor Education and Research
> 510-828-2745, 802-380-0193
> On 7/9/12 7:31 PM, "mike cole" <firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:
> email@example.com>> wrote:
> Anyone proposing anything??
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM, AERA Annual Meeting <firstname.lastname@example.org
> Dear Members and Annual Meeting Participants,
> This is to notify you that the deadline to submit a paper or session
> submission for the 2013 Annual Meeting has been changed to Monday, July 23,
> 2012, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. This is a modification of the original July
> 22nd deadline in order to avert a Sunday submission deadline by moving the
> deadline to the next business day.
> The AERA Online Submission System remains available until 11:59 PM Pacific
> Time on July 23rd for new submissions and for those who have already
> advanced submissions and wish to reenter the system to further refine their
> work. The submission deadline of July 23rd at 11:59 PM Pacific Time is a
> firm deadline and will not be extended. Late submissions will not be
> submit a paper or session submission.
> The success of each Annual Meeting builds upon high quality submissions
> advanced by AERA members, education researchers, and other scholars in
> adjacent fields. Please review the Call for Submissions<
> submit to divisions, SIGs, or committees which best fit your research.
> Keep in mind that, paper submissions need to be in the form of complete
> papers and not proposals. While submissions need to address all of the
> elements for a paper, as set forth in the Call for Submissions, these
> submissions do not need to be the final paper. Assuming acceptance, the
> deadline for uploading the final paper is not until next spring. The
> guidelines for paper and session submissions are set forth in the Call.
> Please plan on submitting as soon as possible and in advance of the
> deadline. Last-minute submissions on the final day and hours leading up to
> the deadline can overwhelm the online submission system causing unnecessary
> delay and inconvenience for submitters.
> On behalf of AERA President William Tierney and 2013 General Program Chair
> Kristen Renn, we hope that you plan on attending the Annual Meeting in San
> Francisco (Saturday, April 27th – Wednesday, May 1st) and submitting your
> best research for consideration on the program.
> Felice J. Levine, PhD
> Executive Director
> xmca mailing list
> xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list