Re: [xmca] Culture & Rationality

But the next paragraph is this:

"In our discussion of the general factors connected with cultural development in adolescence outlined below, we will have to consider the long established and scientifically observed fact that where the environment fails to present appropriate problems, does not come up with new requirements and does not stimulate and create development of the intellect with the help of new goals, the adolescent's thinking does not develop according to all the available potential, and it does not reach its higher forms, or only achieves them at an exceptionally late stage."

Which doesn't sound like different rationalities in different social environments, it sounds like an account of deficits.

Martin