[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Lewin, LSV, ARL
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture,Activity" <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Lewin, LSV, ARL
- From: Anton Yasnitsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1340409165; bh=phfgU2yjXxwPc/YpIdVSyZPrlAw2xFT4ASvr5w1qKwU=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=KJ2vdDuU8S59RXE2IRdDDxSBbY8TS6Y6sksUuneGHOloIWRE1GE9H/AzEjvbJ8usdKWEzaMHKZSnJ+jmTeflv+DAiG+AYERRHdkjB085tpdMWgvAj6Sw7IzvnX3z6F+BIBPst0otpYgci1fjZVD5c+BKf5AjRxVsn3Bo6dgbN+U=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=dCDWuG8JhvaiUt+bHJA1VW9kg4nMEJfs7pkct8Wt0YxxiXYU7hcl5QC0WfCtWaeu2PhpM32HQVfF6Uj2wxvfW499Te3Iv6RAwHzXZhfewFvoK4UQoQn7426jVO5SJLT3wI1P3q2CMhHPX7OSJr3ijb/ikBtrkllmxzUk7Y6mXvE=;
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0B1VMCc-SEFDt1Z6RFkn2Q1hEKDF4x3JG5btxVaK-aZuA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0B1VMCc-SEFDt1Z6RFkn2Q1hEKDF4x3JG5btxVaK-aZuA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Anton Yasnitsky <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Journal of Russian and East European Psychology, vol. 45, no. 2,
March–April 2007, pp. 11–60.
© 2007 M.E. Sharpe, Inc. All rights reserved.
ISSN 1061–0405/2007 $9.50 + 0.00.
In Memory of L.S. Vygotsky
L.S. Vygotsky: Letters to Students
To A.R. Luria
Moscow, June 12, 1931
... The fruitlessness of what I do greatly
distresses me. My scientific thinking is going off into the realm of fantasy,
and I cannot think things through in a realistic way to the end. Nothing
is going right: I am doing the wrong things, writing the wrong things,
saying the wrong things. A fundamental reorganization is called for—and
this time I am going to carry it out. I received a book on Aristotle’s and
Galileo’s thinking in psychology from Lewin. He has an amazing mind...
To R.E. Levina
June 16, 31
...The last meeting of the laboratory and tomorrow’s meeting
are devoted to a discussion with Zeigarnik on studies at the University
of Berlin. I received Lewin’s new book on the methodological problem
of psychology. Everything I see tells me that something great is happening
in (world) psychology before our very eyes. To fail to sense this or
to belittle the importance of what is going on in these passionate, tragic
attempts to find the pathway to the study of the mind, which lie at the
heart of the crisis (e.g., to simply speak of confusion in psychology, to
say that it is not a science, etc.) is to take a Philistine view of things and
of the history of human thought...
<END of QUOTE>
Pages are available upon request. Many more Lewin references in letters and in written works.
The grand study on the history of Cultural-Historical Gestalt-Psychology, aka CHGP will be published shortly, somewhere here:
From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture,Activity" <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 6:32:53 PM
Subject: [xmca] Lewin, LSV, ARL
Seems like differentiation of subject lines would help here.
Re Lewin and the Russians:
There is a good deal about Lewin in the *Nature of Human Conflicts*,
focused on "quasi-needs" and related matters.
(I will probably learn eventually that this book was really written by
Trotsky on a midnight ride through Kazan, but at
present I believe it was written by Luria. A Russian version based upon his
hand written manuscript was published
a few years ago in Russian and the English translation has some howlers in
it for those who enjoy such matters.
It appeared in English in 1932. It was almost certainly shopped
around during 1929 visit by ARL to New Haven Intl. Congress of
So, assuming that LSV and ARL knew each other, probably LSV knew about
Lewin's ideas before 1932.
xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list