RE: [xmca] Smolucha - pronunciation/genealogy

In any case, in service of the scholarly discussion, I'm genuinely puzzled by the idea that creativity is a higher mental function, and would appreciate further clarity to that provided by Anton. Thx,p

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Smagorinsky
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:20 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: RE: [xmca] Smolucha - pronunciation/genealogy

My apologies to Francine if my mnemonic sounded snide--I was going from the pronunciation guide on the article that I had scanned, and I have no idea of who put it there. With a name like Smagorinsky (which also might be an Ellis Island adjustment), making fun of people's names is not usually part of my approach. I'm glad to have the correction. Peter