Re: [xmca] http://www.marxists.org/subject/bolsheviks/index.htm

When I first began to re-educate myself out of a good, but very narrow Trotskyist view of the Russian Revolution, I found that tracing the biographies of individual participants in the Revolution was enormously helpful. The process was so much richer and more complex than any coherent history could convey. To that end Victor Serge's "Memoirs of a Revolutionary" was very helpful, with his pen-portraits of each character as they appear.

Andy

Peter Smagorinsky wrote:
http://www.marxists.org/subject/bolsheviks/index.htm

I've got to say, Andy's really nailed it. Great resource, as always.