Re: [xmca] Smolucha - pronunciation/genealogy (Systems of functions & Aristotelian concepts)

That article Peter sent by David Cohen pushes on history in helpful ways,
Collete-- thanks Peter.

But my guess is that Cohen himself does not track things back far enough,
nor do I think that that
restricting the question to the history of the US or Europe is sufficient.
Its a puzzle.

I think this also relates back to interest in creativity in recent
discussions. How DOES the new arise from
a system that seeks perfect replication? Only by deviation/error which
turns out to have a future, chosen
by a blind watchmaker? Or does cultural-history introduce a new ingredient
that promotes variation and
culturally-inflected selection?

mike