[xmca] Call for A New Journal

Hello everyone,

I attach a call for a themed issue of a new journal from the Connecticut
Reading Association. The theme is new literacies.

While the call seems to prioritize cognitive views of new literacies I am
interested in expanding the conversation to represent those who either
challenge the digital turn in new literacies or take a more socio-cultural
or cultural-historical view towards digital texts and tools.

The journal would be a great avenue for those of you have classroom
teachers or graduate students investigating the intersection of literacy
and technology.

___________

The Connecticut Reading Association (CRA) is launching *Connecticut Reading
Online: A Journal of the Connecticut Reading Association* to be published
biannually in fall (deadline July 15) and winter (deadline January 15).
This is a members only journal available to our some 1100 CRA members and
will be hosted on our newly redesigned website to be posted in early
September.

Our intent is to provide our members with valuable professional resources
in children’s literature and new literacies and cutting edge articles on a
wide range of important topics including the CCSS. The Journal’s regular
rotating sections include *Teacher Research*, *Review of Children’s Books*,
*New Literacies*, *Critical Literacy*, and *Review of Professional
Books*and invited and peer reviewed feature articles.

* *

*CALL FOR MANUSCRIPTS*

Themed Issue: New Literacies

Deadline: January 15 2013

Winter Issue Vol. 2 2013

* *

*Connecticut Reading Online: A Journal of the Connecticut Reading
Association* invites research and research-based articles that will inform
teaching and learning on a broad range of topics pertaining to the new
literacies. For example, we are interested in articles that focus on the
critical evaluation of websites, comprehension of online reading, issues of
copyright and ownership in an informational age, the intersection of the
CCSS and new literacies, as well as research-based instructional practices
with Web 2.0 tools.

*Manuscript format:* Word .doc or .docx as an email attachment;

*Manuscript length*: Up to 4000 words

The full name/s of author/s, address, telephone, email and affiliation
should appear ONLY on the title page of the manuscript.

APA format 6th edition

*Editorial contact information*: Please send a copy of your manuscript to

Dr. Catherine Kurkjian at crajournaleditor@gmail.com

--
J. Gregory McVerry
Assistant Professor

"Literature, in this spirit, is an instrument of freedom, lightness,
imagination, and yes, reason. It is our only hope against the long gray
night"-Bruner