[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] Position Announcement - Dean of the College of Education, University of Georgia
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Danny Martinez <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Elizabeth Durand <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Jerome Morris <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Juan C. Guerra" <email@example.com>, Kimberly Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Latrise Johnson-Bashir <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, Margarita Zisselsberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Maria Franquiz <email@example.com>, "Mariana Souto-Manning (firstname.lastname@example.org)" <email@example.com>, Melody Zoch <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "MH2989@columbia.edu" <MH2989@columbia.edu>, Michele Myers <email@example.com>, Sandra Quinones <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Stuart Greene <email@example.com>, Theresa Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tim San Pedro <email@example.com>, Violet Harris <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Willis, Arlette I" <email@example.com>, "Winn, Maisha T" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [xmca] Position Announcement - Dean of the College of Education, University of Georgia
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:56:45 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <CBE11DE7.278F1email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CBE11D8E.278ECfirstname.lastname@example.org> <CBE11DE7.278F1email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AQHNOCj8AdK3Nrs4C0K3gnXD0Fcg05bVnv2AgABGreA=
- Thread-topic: Position Announcement - Dean of the College of Education, University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA) invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the College of Education. One of the largest and most diverse institutions of its kind in the nation, the College offers 14 undergraduate majors and more than 28 graduate programs leading to careers as educators, counselors, psychologists, administrators, researchers, educational and health-related specialists.
These research- and practice-oriented programs are provided through its nine departments: Communication Sciences and Special Education; Counseling and Human Development Services; Educational Psychology and Instructional Technology; Elementary and Social Studies Education; Kinesiology; Language and Literacy Education; Lifelong Education, Administration and Policy; Mathematics and Science Education; and WorkforceEducation, Leadership and Social Foundations.
The College offers numerous opportunities for research with highly cited faculty in its many centers, institutes and laboratories. Faculty in the College are ranked among the most productive researchers in the nation. Assistantships are available in many centers and laboratories conducting research in areas such as exceptional children, troubling behavior, assessment testing, literacy, urban and diversity education, family and child relationships, autism, stuttering, exercise science, health, physical education and sport studies.
The College's programs prepare graduates to work with individuals from infancy through adulthood in schools, community agencies, colleges and universities. Its programs are accredited and approved by professional organizations such as: National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Georgia Department of Education, Georgia Professional Standards Commission for State Teaching Certification, American Psychological Association, Council on Accreditation of Counseling and Related EducationalProfessions, American College of Sports Medicine, National Association of Athletic Trainers, and Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
The college's outstanding faculty of 229 members serves an enrollment of over 4,500 students per semester. At present, about 349 graduate students have assistantships within the college. The College occupies more than 300,000 square feet in Aderhold Hall, the Ramsey Student Center, River's Crossing, and various other buildings on South Campus, the fastest-growing segment of the University's 605-acre main campus in Athens. Additional information about the College of Education is available at: http://www.coe.uga.edu.
The Dean will provide energetic and visionary leadership, as well as principled administrative guidance and advocacy for the mission of the College in teaching, research, and public service/outreach. The Dean serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the College, reporting to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The Dean's responsibilities include overall responsibility for leadership of the College; strategic planning and analysis of College operations; program development for departments and schools in the College; budget development; fundraising; faculty recruitment; liaison with department heads, center directors and College staff; representing the College to the University administration; providing leadership in guiding, engaging and building partnerships in transforming public education in the State of Georgia and the nation; and alumni relations.
Candidates must have a distinguished record of scholarship and qualify for tenure at the full professor level; have a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching; be able to manage a diverse college with nine departments; be a strong internal manager with good budgetary skills and the ability to work in a collaborative and collegial manner with a diverse faculty and staff; and be a successful fundraiser, working with foundations and individual donors as well as encouraging externally supported scholarship.
UGA, a land-grant/sea-grant university, is the largest and most comprehensive educational institution in Georgia. The University enrolls 35,000 students, and is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta. The University of Georgia is ranked among the top 25 public universities in U.S. News & World Report's 2012 edition of America's Best Colleges. Academic programs reside in 16 schools and colleges. Athens is located in an area of great natural beauty, and the campus and community offer many cultural and recreational opportunities. Additional information about the University of Georgia is available at http://www.uga.edu/.
Applicant screening will begin immediately. Candidates are encouraged to submit theirmaterials by August 26, 2012; however, screening will continue until the position is filled. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicant's credentials and experience meet the needs, responsibilities, and qualifications stated above; a current curriculum vitae; and contact information for threereferences (who will not be contacted without further correspondence with the applicant).
Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> .
In lieu of email submission, written application materials can be directed to:
UGA Search Group
University of Georgia, Human Resources
Search Committee: Dean, College of Education
215 S. Jackson Street
Athens, GA 30602
Confidential requests for informationshould be directed to Dean Daniel Nadenicek, Search Chair - 706-542-1816 or Megan Hill, Primary Consultant with the UGA Search Group, 706-542-6240.
The University ofGeorgia is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative
To unsubscribe from the NCRLL list, click the following link:
xmca mailing list