[xmca] Fwd: Launch of new NASFLA website and appreciation of Michael Cummings

Apologies for any multiple messages received due to cross-posting, however I thought this might be of interest to at least a few xmca people interested in language.

Regards

Phil

From: Mary Schleppegrell <mjschlep@umich.edu>
Subject: [Sysfling] Launch of new NASFLA website and appreciation of Michael Cummings
Date: 1 May 2012 5:57:49 AM AEST
To: sysfling@mailman.cf.ac.uk

Dear all,
I am very pleased to announce that the North American Systemic Functional Linguistics Association has just launched a new website under the management of our new webmaster, Jackie Nenchin:

http://nasfla.weebly.com/

Jacqueline Endres Nenchin received a BA in Russian and German from SUNY Oswego, an MA in Russian from Vanderbilt University, an MS in TESOL from Molloy College, a PhD in Linguistics from Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. Her dissertation is entitled "Native and Nonnative English-Speaking Teachers and Their Academic Literacy."  She is an assistant professor in the Graduate TESOL Program at Molloy College  in Rockville Centre, NY.  In addition, she teaches Russian literature in the English Department, and is a published translator of Russian and German ecclesiastical, hagiographical, and historical texts. Her research interests include Systemic Functional Linguistics and its application to pedagogy and translation, the role of technology in language teaching and learning, and second language writing.

The website has many useful resources and will be a point of contact and communication among NASFLA members and friends of NASFLA.

Jackie notes that the website will continue to be a work in progress, so please let her know if you have any suggestions:

Jacqueline Nenchin <jnenchin@molloy.edu>

Jackie is also managing the email listserve for NASFLA, so if you would like to receive our newsletter and updates, please send Jackie your address. Please inform your colleagues who are interested in SFL about this new resource as well.

As we make this transition, on behalf of the whole NASFLA organization I want to recognize the tremendous contributions that Michael Cummings of Glendon College, York University, has made as webmaster and listserve manager since the founding of NASFLA in 2002. He has kept us all informed through the distribution of the newsletter and email updates and has made it possible for us to share information about conference presentations and events of interest to NASFLA members. We deeply appreciate the work he has done for the organization and wish him well as he moves on to new endeavors!

with best wishes,

Mary J. Schleppegrell, Past President, NASFLA
Professor, School of Education
University of Michigan
610 E. University Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259