Re: [xmca] Updates from AERA

Apologies for the repeat request, but I just want to make sure I don't miss
anything (and others have expressed a similar hope):

Is there a process in place for recording and posting this?

I would very much like to hear/watch it!

-greg

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Emily Duvall <emily@uidaho.edu> wrote:

> Hello to all - for those attending AERA this year, there are a couple of
> updates:
>

> Mike Cole has generously offered to by our last minute discussant for the
> following session:
>
> Sponsor:
> SIG-Cultural Historical Research
> Scheduled Time: Mon, Apr 16 - 2:15pm - 3:45pm  Building/Room: Vancouver
> Convention Centre, Third Level - West Room 302
> Title Displayed in Event Calendar: Perceiving Affordances in Activity
> Systems
>
> Tony Perone, chair of the session, as well as Monica Hansen (our new
> treasurer) and myself will be facilitating this via Skype. I am VERY
> excited
> by this incorporation of technology into our program!
>

> We do have one cancellation of presenter. Victor Diaz is unable to present
> at the following session: Beginning Teachers' Production of Pedagogical
> Content Knowledge: A Cultural-Historical Perspective. Scheduled Time: Tue,
> Apr 17 - 12:25pm - 1:55pm, Building/Room: Vancouver Convention Centre /
> East
> Ballroom A
>

> Don't forget to look for all our exciting sessions and, of course, our
> business meeting! The latter promises to be quite interesting and
> innovative.
>
> Sponsor:
> SIG-Cultural Historical Research
> Schedule Information:
> Scheduled Time: Mon, Apr 16 - 6:15pm - 8:15pm  Building/Room: Vancouver
> Convention Centre, Second Level - West Room 224
> Cultural Historical Research SIG Business Meeting
> Session Participants:
> Imaginative Play as a Life-Span, Cultural Activity
> Anthony T. Perone (University of Illinois at Chicago)
> Chair: Lois Holzman (East Side Institute)
> Participant: Carrie L. Lobman (Rutgers University)
> Participant: Artin Goncu (University of Illinois at Chicago)
> Participant: Mike Askew (Monash University)
> Participant: Jaime E. Martinez (New York Institute of Technology)
> Participant: Joan Almon (Alliance for Childhood)
> Participant: Bonny L. Gildin (All Stars Project Inc.)
>
> Abstract:
> Play is a critical life activity in leading learning and development across
> the lifespan, yet play has become a neglected even denigrated aspect of
> education. In this session, we revisit play as the foundation for action in
> education. Our panel takes up the challenge to the current convention of
> cookie cutter curriculum and advocates, instead, for the recognition and
> restoration of play in the ways we teach, learn and live. Mike Askew, Kings
> College; Jaime E. Martinez, East Side Institute; Joan Almon, Alliance for
> Childhood; Bonny L. Gildin, All Stars Project; Carrie L. Lobman, Rutgers
> University; Artin Goncu, University of Illinois - Chicago.
>

> And for those of you who are also in the SIG, please accept my apologies
> for
> [...]

Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Sanford I. Berman Post-Doctoral Scholar
Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition
Department of Communication
University of California, San Diego
http://ucsd.academia.edu/GregoryThompson