[xmca] FW: Big News

Betsy's an old friend of mine. She got her undergrad degree at Princeton (where my brother was her boyfriend) and Ph.D. at Stanford. She is working toward integrating her interests in education and counseling through this project.

From: Betsy Burris [mailto:betsburris@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:48 PM
To: Betsy Burris
Subject: Big News

Hi, friends,

I'm emailing you to let you know I'm launching a new project called "Teaching through Emotions." Some of you already know about it; some don't. Here's the rundown:

I've written a book, tentatively titled When Emotions Run High: Using Anger, Insecurity, and Anxiety to Improve Teaching. I'm going to publish the book electronically by this June (I hope).

I've created a blog<http://www.teachingthroughemotions.com/>, where I'm writing about teaching through emotions. I've posted my first entry! Check it out at www.teachingthroughemotions.com<http://www.teachingthroughemotions.com>.

I'm running groups at a couple area high schools where teachers are both reading and discussing the book as well as working through stories of difficult teaching experiences so as to better understand the relationships and dynamics in their classrooms. This is fun and productive work.

So I'm letting you know about this project because I think the work is really important, possibly even life-changing for teachers and students. Please forward this email to anyone you think would be interested in the project. And, of course, please contact me, either by email or through my website, if you're interested yourself.

Thank you so much for your attention and support.

Betsy Burris

"I may be wrong, but I'm a dancing fool."
                                     -- Frank Zappa