RE: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article

I'm not sure that one bad apple does spoil the barrel here. The internet journal, Interface (journal of and for social movements) was set up thre years ago, and is establishing itself gradually as a significant and reputable resource. No payment occurs in any direction.
Colin Barker
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] on behalf of Andy Blunden [ablunden@mira.net]
Sent: 04 March 2012 11:33
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article

When Jorge and Martin and I stepped up as editors of MCA we had a lot of
discussion about if/when we should move MCA to an open access/internet
model. This kind of development - i.e., fraudulent scientific journals
published electronically for no cost to the publisher or reader, which
will clearly continue - means that the status of electronic publication
is irrevocably degraded, and so rules out, really, the possibility of
moving MCA to such a format. - The value of your research is warranted
by the time and trouble other people have gone to to put it in print.

Andy