[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article
- From: C Barker <C.Barker@mmu.ac.uk>
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:27:34 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <4F535319.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <2269f924-a71b-4a76-937e-6ad1749a9869@TX2EHSMHS046.ehs.local> <D978F610641CB249AE42B883A3CC3B7F2958F4F4@CH1PRD0202MB157.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>, <4F535319.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AQHM+eLUwi2sOPM6LEiGgds332YaLZZZ/PhQgAAEk4CAAFF/Bg==
- Thread-topic: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article
I'm not sure that one bad apple does spoil the barrel here. The internet journal, Interface (journal of and for social movements) was set up thre years ago, and is establishing itself gradually as a significant and reputable resource. No payment occurs in any direction.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] on behalf of Andy Blunden [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 04 March 2012 11:33
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article
When Jorge and Martin and I stepped up as editors of MCA we had a lot of
discussion about if/when we should move MCA to an open access/internet
model. This kind of development - i.e., fraudulent scientific journals
published electronically for no cost to the publisher or reader, which
will clearly continue - means that the status of electronic publication
is irrevocably degraded, and so rules out, really, the possibility of
moving MCA to such a format. - The value of your research is warranted
by the time and trouble other people have gone to to put it in print.
Peter Smagorinsky wrote:
> The sale on journal space continues.........
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Education Research International [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:12 AM
> To: Peter Smagorinsky
> Subject: Invitation to Submit an Article
> Dear Dr. Smagorinsky,
> I am writing to invite you to submit an article to Education Research International which provides a rapid forum for the dissemination of original research articles as well as original review articles in all areas of education.
> Education Research International is published using an open access publication model, meaning that all interested readers are able to freely access the journal online at http://www.hindawi.com/journals/edu/contents/ without the need for a subscription. All manuscripts that are submitted to the journal during the month of March 2012 will not be subject to any page charges, color charges, or article processing charges for submitted or accepted articles.
> The journal has a distinguished editorial board with extensive academic qualifications, ensuring that the journal maintains high scientific standards and has a broad international coverage. A current list of the journal's editors can be found at http://www.hindawi.com/journals/edu/editors/.
> Manuscripts should be submitted to the journal online at http://mts.hindawi.com/author/submit/edu/. Once a manuscript has been accepted for publication, it will undergo language copyediting, typesetting, and reference validation in order to provide the highest publication quality possible.
> Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the journal.
> Best regards,
> Marwa Elmasri
> xmca mailing list
Joint Editor MCA: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/hmca20/18/1
Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/
xmca mailing list
"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "
xmca mailing list