[xmca] further reflections on emotion

There is an article by Carl Ratner that is currently being discussed by the
school counsellors in Vancouver. I thought others may be interested as I
know emotions as a topic will soon be the  focus in an upcoming MCA
journal. I'm sure others will deconstruct Carl's social constructionist
alternative as reifying culture but it is a clear expression of two
"models" of emotions.

Andy, I wanted to say tht I enjoyed part 2 of your vimeo discussion on
concepts.  I would like to suggest that "abstract concepts" seems clearee
than "true concepts"
Your distinction that Vygotsky's project wa to explore "lines of
development" [practical and institutional] was very helpful.  As you say
concepts are BOTH practical [bottom up] & institutional [top down] and BOTH
lines of development are CENTRAL or foundational to the formation of
concepts.

Martin, your vimeo presentation that suggests we should be looking at WAYS
culture ORGANIZES our "forms of life" [activities??] and that "natural
science" or Carl Ratner's "social constructionist model" have  qualities of
understanding "as particular cultural historical organized forms of life"
as other cultura forms was also interesting.

Larry