Re: [xmca] Peter Smagorinsky on concepts

Hello Larry,
In Peter's video and his illustration of why 'apprentice teachers' find
study of teaching so difficult, he brought in his gardening practice as a
vehicle to consider 'scientific' . There is the 'natural science'
ingredient 'writ large' to draw upon, rather than 'purely social
relations'. true here to make breakthroughs science 'lags' behind movements
which often appear first in arts.
 For some reason I'd menton cubo-futurists - although I have little idea of
the movement, it sounds so exciting:) I'm drawn by emotion first, or if
friends are all excited about some artistic turn , through social relations
an 'appearance' begins a curiosity...which - you never know- might develop
into science:)
Christine.