RE: [xmca] Fyodor Vasilyuk "The Psychology of Experiencing"

Try Valsiner's The Guided Mind: http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674367579

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:52 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Fyodor Vasilyuk "The Psychology of Experiencing"

It has always seemed to me that character was somewhat of a blindspot in AN Leontyev's work, Larry, and Vygotsky does not do much better. It was one of the attractions of Vasilyuk, that he seemed to be offering an approach to personality within Activity Theory. There are lots of theory of personality of course, and the most developed date back to antiquity:
astrology, and Jung's theory is indeed closer to astrology than to science. It may well be that a measure of eclecticism is needed to grasp personality.

Andy