[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Happy New Year
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Happy New Year
- From: Luisa Aires <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 10:09:59 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=PuuO0T1P0oGe/X1NLXK+WZGsVy5kmjTqUzUcdt06URk=; b=fZjoz0Vtazxhjus4S3o6WCBTYOk/b6hbrLJc/j3asCiL6PX41erUq206cYIRyUyqd3 0Lq/5x2lIv/SHwul6ioH60EyxRicEcrtwkZoN5OyaZ8wvXLNa3Q7za/7zMUBzSNa2D6j p3ZjfFwxwYri9MGOfj35r2OVN0DG0oXTVcaNQ=
- In-reply-to: <4EFFB7CF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <4EFFB7CF.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I wish you all the best in 2012. Happy New Year!
On 1 January 2012 01:33, Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Happy New Year to everyone on xmca.
> 2012 marks 50 years since the publication of the first English language
> version of "Thinking and Speech" in 1962, first published in Russian 28
> years before. How fruitful this book has been, with the meaning of its
> words still being subject to interrogation and debate to this very day.
> A wonderful tree opposite my window, where I work, was cut down a couple
> of months ago, as part of the intensive development now taking place in
> this little area of Melbourne, which is seeing a lot of trees being cut
> down, generally quite senselessly, while apartments, shops and small
> factories are built. Last night we witnessed a side benefit of the loss of
> our beloved tree, when we found that we now had an unobstructed view of the
> sky above the City and could enjoy a clear view of the New Year's Eve
> fireworks display. Alas not such a good view that we could also watch the
> fire that the fireworks set off in the spire of the Arts Centre, but hey!
> you can't have everything.
> Wishing everyone a great 2012, and let us hope that the Arab Spring sets
> off a spring across the whole world.
> *Andy Blunden*
> Joint Editor MCA: http://www.tandfonline.com/**toc/hmca20/18/1<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/hmca20/18/1>
> Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/
> Book: http://www.brill.nl/default.**aspx?partid=227&pid=34857<http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=227&pid=34857>
> xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list