Re: [xmca] Was Tool and Sign Retranslated From English?

My source:

I had a copy (in English) with the notion -" translation approved by AL".
It was a copy that Sylvia Scribner had in her files. I have since send that
copy to Mike Cole - who is more knowledgable than I about the provenance. I
believe that was the copy that found its way in to Mind in Society (though
not sure about that). When Mike received the MS he offered a an opinion
about the MS.. Tool and Sign was, I believe, intended for the first volume
of the Manual of Child Psychology (in English). In the MS it was "authored"
by Vygotsky and Alexander Romanovitch Luria. I also believe that Elkohonon
Goldberg was the translator. I believe it was translated *to* the English
in order to be published in English.

Joe Glick