Re: [xmca] Lave and McDermott

Tony
I've been mucking around on the internet and came upon this interview with
Z Bauman.  What a fascinating man. At the beginning he is referring to MONO
-logic or a single mytho-logic that is destroying the public sphere. At the
end of the interview he ends with a message of HOPE that we can
re-constitute a more vibrant public sphere or what is often referred to as
"common ground"

Certainly speaks to the hope germinating in the  "Occupy Wall Street"
message to challenge the mono-logical tryanny of the debt narrative. The
video segment can be accessed at

http://www.sociology.leeds.ac.uk/bauman/teaching/interview.php

His notion that sociologies as hermeneutical enactments have the  task  to
defamiliarze the familiar background assumptions of our mono - logic seems
appropriate to bring into the discussion of J. Williams article.

Larry