Re: [xmca] Spam and xmca mailing list

Also, it's just an instruction that TELLS the spider bot to not index, it doesn't STOP the bot from indexing. Spider bots for legitimate search engines like google are programmed not to index pages with the "don't index" instruction, but a spider bot that's used nefariously to harvest email addresses could just ignore that instruction and index anyway.

I think it's not likely that xmca is significantly involved in the SPAM problem. Having said that, moving to something like a group blog that people could subscribe to would allow threaded posts to appear without email addresses, and would have other advantages as well.