Re: [xmca] Cultural memory dewey

well, since you mention it (but I do really hate to change topics, I want to
know more about Dewey), here are four pictures that look similar, but which
represent very different time-scales

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/dark_matter_distribution.jpg
    (the "universe" --from the point of view of dark matter)

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/159976/350wm/E0740041-Coloured_satellite_image_of_the_Earth_at_night-SPL.jpg
    (the distribution of city lights at night over the earth)

http://www.bamboogarden.com/Clumping-rhizome.jpg
    (a bamboo rhizome)

http://images.protopage.com/view/721389/6zhf8db3ho97rpucl4pqb1hkf.jpg
    (the endoskeleton of a cell)

it might be that "holding" over time has, as a process, more cross-timescale
regularity than we might at first guess.  I wonder what the distribution of
concepts in discourse looks like?

Ivan