Re: [xmca] schools-without-computers-by-choice-and-conviction-that-they-dont-help-kids

why does the discussion of constructivism jump us to programming (Papert, aside for the moment).

there are some terrific possibilities in significantly more playful spaces, e.g., Minecraft and Arduinos:

Minecraft goes from a sort of virtual Lego buiding experience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJqCWetH-c&feature=relmfu

... to logic gates and advanced construction of working machines.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB684ym3QY4

Arduinos involves very simple programming as well, but it is a more tangible interface, literally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xCY2K9kQz4

Lindax

ps
anyone going to Minecon in Vegas?