[xmca] FW: Job openings in Colombia and Mexico

Join the Witness for Peace International Team (IT), and work for positive changes in U.S. policy, in North-South relationships, and in the global economy.

Witness for Peace is currently hiring for openings in our Colombia program and in our Mexico program.

Please see the IT Job Description and FAQ's below for more information about the job and the hiring time line.

Witness for Peace (WFP) international programs based in Mexico, Nicaragua and Colombia are staffed with motivated individuals who commit to a two-year term of service with the organization. International Team members design and implement the international programs of Witness for Peace, which include documentation and facilitating educational programs for delegations of U.S. citizens. Programs focus on the impact of U.S. policies and corporate practices on the poor majorities of Latin America and the Caribbean.

IT members work closely with local civil society partners and with our grassroots network in the United States on issues such as militarism, trade and the root causes of migration in Mexico and Nicaragua, peace in Colombia, fair trade, labor rights and international debt relief in Nicaragua as well as monitoring human rights in Honduras since the coup in 2009. Witness for Peace views our International Teams as the engine of growth and creativity for our innovative and inclusive cross-border organizing.

IT members must be U.S. citizens, fluent in Spanish, aged 21 or over, and have a college degree or commensurate experience. WFP provides a monthly stipend ($225 per month), vacation pay, health insurance, dental care, room and board, and student loan deferral. After the first year of service, team members receive a round trip ticket to the U.S. and at the end of the two-year term, a re-entry stipend of approximately $1,900, a ticket to the U.S. plus two months of health insurance. Two year terms are renewable.

Positions in Colombia

Witness for Peace is currently hiring for open positions in the Colombia <http://www.witnessforpeace.org/section.php?id=95> program. If you are interested in this position, please review the job description<http://www.witnessforpeace.org/downloads/Col_ITjobdesc_2011.pdf> and a list of frequently asked questions<http://www.witnessforpeace.org/downloads/Col_FAQ2011.pdf>. If you would like to apply for this position, please complete the application found here<http://www.witnessforpeace.org/downloads/2011_Colombia_IT_application.doc> and submit it by October 31, 2011. If you have questions about this position, please contact Jess Hunter-Bowman, Associate Director, at jess (at) witnessforpeace.org<mailto:%20jess@witnessforpeace.org>.
Positions in Mexico

Witness for Peace currently has one opening in the Mexico program. The application deadline for this position is November 15, 2011. New staff training will begin mid-February  2012.
*    Go to Mexico IT Job Description<http://www.witnessforpeace.org/downloads/Mexico%20Job%20Description.pdf>
*    Go to Mexico Work FAQ<http://www.witnessforpeace.org/downloads/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.pdf>
*    Go to Mexico Work Application<http://www.witnessforpeace.org/downloads/Mexico%20IT%20application%202011.doc>

Positions in Nicaragua