Re: [xmca] Cultural memory

Dear Andy,

Can these customs be related to ways of behaving according to specific social
contexts? In a broad sense, 'politeness' in the pragmatic and discursive sense
(to say the right things at the right time) could be a a way of behaving handed
down from one generation to the next based on imitation and correction by verbal
communication among members of the same epistemic community. This also depends
on what you are referring to by 'cultural memory'.

Lucas