[xmca] Activity and interpsychological continued

Hi Haydi and everyone who has posted on this subject.

I want to thank you for continuing to engage with my ways of orienting to
this topic.  There is such detail in your response but I've decided to
respond to one section. You wrote,

 V.P.Zinchndo Junior who has begun to repudiate His father's findings and
whom Mike , as Guest  Editor of JREEP , has talked about and brought forth
some of His writings . But one thing is crucial : By orienting on
"interpsychological" , you jump then to "intersubjectivity" and "agency" and
begin to discuss in a way as if agency is determined within
intersubjectivity . Just plz answer how in what way within intersubjectivity
in the absence of any activity and action . an agentive element rises up ;
in other words just at the level of "semiotics" and without furthering up to
the all interactions and upheavals and incidences , events , if one can
reach the powerfulness of beginning to act which satisfies an urgent or
distant need . Dialogue  could be most effective while in the direction of a
goal
 chosen for the action and in the direction of an activity most important at
any moment which the social relations dictates . **

Haydi, my response is that I may be saying that agency is constituted within
intersubjectivity. [not determined]  I also agree that intersubjective
processes are expressed within larger molar activities and that more distant
institutional structures CONSTRAIN and de*form as well as in*form motives
and inter-psychological character formation.  Mother-infant or teacher-pupil
relational patterns cannot be understood without referring to these activity
molar activities.  Haydi, from a deep commitment to this level of analysis
certain phenomena are revealed [observed constructed, discovered,
interpreted] As I pay attention to more intersubjective aspects of action
and practice it is inevitable that the molar activity level phenomena recede
into the background.   This is a tension I'm aware of as I say "what about
the intersubjective?" [constrained within activity]  By shining a light on
intersubjectivity activity is backgrounded and becomes the ground.

The concept of "hierarchy of motives" within a developmental sequence,
[phase, level, or stage] is a framework which I have questions about. At
this point I wonder if there are motives that stay central. For example the
question of "dependency" within interactions and its developmental
transformations.  "Dependency" is placed in different sequences, and is
framed as "positive" or "negative" in different theories. How we respond to
suffering, neediness, dependency of a 2 year old, 18 year old, 38 year old,
78 year old, has multiple responses. I'm wondering where the hierarchy of
motives fits within multiple perspectives of dependency.

Finally, you mention that V. Zinchenko has turned away from his father's
approach. You mention that many others are also doing the same as they
explore subjectivity, intersubjectivity and situated agency and moving
activity settings into the background.  Alienated labour through the
commodification of our productive activities is where we should turn
[return].  It is this level of analysis that is the source and my focussing
on intersubjectivity and interpsychological are derivitive accounts of this
BASIC MATERIAL reality

Haydi, this is how I understand your concerns.  I am focussing on another
aspect of the phenomena.  The aspect that V. Zinchenko and F. Rey and the
authors in the book "Vygotsky in the 21st Century" are exploring.  As Mike
suggested we are continuing to explore the same tensions that have been
explored for the past few centuries. I am taking a particular slant with a
particular historical tradition that is biased to the interpsychological. I
know it is biased and other aspects are left in the shadows.  I'm attempting
to widen my horizon of understanding without loosing sight of the
interpsychological.

Larry