Re: [xmca] Activity and interpsychological aspects of CHAT

Hi Andy
I want to give a concrete idea of mediation in contrast to billiard balls
[from psycoanalysis]
Freud was commited to a "scientific" billiard ball version of psychology.
His ediface was HIS having discovered THE truth with a topological map of id
ego and superego.  He was totally invested in this particular "genre" or
"text" and took the position of being an "expert" [having knowledge OF] that
he USED to GIVE insight to others [in the form of the genre.

Ferenzci, who is often seen as a source of the "relational" turn in
psychoanalysis, in contrast had a different relationship TO psychoanalysis
[as a genre].  He saw the person [client] and the [genre] in mutual
relationship and he was in a position to "mediate" between the genre or text
and the person. A mediational triangle [2 person and one genre] You can
imagine the tensions that were generated between Freud and Ferenzci with
this different relationship to "truth" and "mediation"

My question is if there are various relations that can be operationalized in
relation to dialectical materialism as "truth" or as a "genre" with a
developmental/historical geneology?  Mike C. mentioned he believes we are
currently re-collecting the various genres or texts that were previously
played out in the last few centuries.  I agree, and we loose sight of the
historical sources of these contrasting genres [that were formed within
particular social organizations]  We can start with the genres or we can
start with the social organization or we start with the way persons mediate
between the social relations & genres [spaces of ????] Mediation as
KNOWLEDGEABILITY [in contrast to knowledge]

Larry