Re: [xmca] ISCAR (review)

second thought, - last phenomenological reflection.

As I said before, the two symposiums about subjective sense, Rey, Portes, Kozulin, Hedegaard and Jansen were my personal hightlights, and made me read more about their ideas and thoughts, opening, as it seems for me, a new door to "perezhivanie", and for me, a road to Lewin, but perhaps, to self-psychology, too?

The last days of the conference went on, for me, with re-meeting Elena Kravtsova, as key-speaker where she talked about "non-classical psychology" as the concept, Vygotsky tried to change our subject into. As I said to some people in the audience, -perhaps not a speech which told us revolutionary new things we didn't know beforehand. On the other hand one of the few speeches at this conference, which my students back in Denmark would understand, and find useful. At the end she invited to the ISCAR summer school, happening summer 2012, see ISCAR homepage about that. There it will be possible to learn more about "Golden Key School", the schools Elena and her husband Kravtsov, G., are in charge of.

My experience about the role of the discussant was triggered the last two days.

A wonderful experience was to hear Jan Valsiner as discussant at symposium 459, where three young researchers talk about "developmental trajectories in the transition to work", where Jan with few words established,*that all in the room where able to remember, and even see more clear, what the three wanted to present and maybe discus*. - He made the three even better, and made us in the room able to have a fine dialogue, in the few minutes, there are at a conference like this.

Another experience I had the next day was near the opposite. Three fine presentation about XXX, an audience who wants to ask questions, and have dialogue with the presenteres. But there the discussant understood his task in a quiet different way, - using the time for starting the dialogue for talk about his own research, his own doubts about the topic. A behavior like this has the effect on me, *that it slowly "deletes" the memory *about the three presentations, I just heard, - therefore I had to leave the room, while saying angry to this discussant, that he actually should shut up. - Not exactly a way to behave, but some discussant seem to behave, as if they think they are the most important V. I.P. in the room, forgetting to support the other presenters and to create dialog.

The last morning, Jean Lave kindly remembering ISCAR to be more open, more political, more participating. And Jan Valsiner, presenting his newest ideas (but I had to leave for my flight).

So, yes, wonderful days in Rome, - there is always something more to do, next time, perhaps between key speeches, some short "activities of another kind", some more possibilities for dialog and "fireplaces", ... and perhaps some time for play?!

Volker