Re: [xmca] Concepts as sedimentation

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011, Andy Blunden wrote:

(specifically matter rather than activity)

Andy, I'm not sure what you mean by this.

As I was understanding sedimentation, it would pertain to something like the grammar of a language. This is not activity as in Saussure's _parole_; it is the regularity of _la langue_. It's not something non-material; but is it "matter," or is it a matter of form?

Or am I understanding "sedimentation" too inclusively?