[xmca] Position at University of Idaho

This may be of interest....
~em

Position:

Assistant Professor of English, Specialization in Teaching English to
Speakers of Other Languages (Tenure Track).

MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:

We invite applications for a full-time tenure-track position as
Assistant Professor of Linguistics or Applied Linguistics, with
specialization in teaching English to speakers of other languages. We
seek to hire a person who will help us restructure content and delivery
of a well-established TESL program.  The successful candidate will have
a Ph.D. in linguistics or related field with a focus and established
research program that will support TESL teaching and learning. Teaching
load is 3-2, focused at the graduate and senior undergraduate level;
courses may include introductory and advanced linguistics courses, TESL
methods, and educational linguistics.  Candidates' areas of
specialization should be relevant to preparing graduates to teach
language arts and composition in a secondary education setting.  A
strong research program is prerequisite to positive third-year and
tenure/promotion reviews.
  REQUIRED QUALIFICATION:
*         Ph.D. in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, with specialization
in teaching English to speakers of other languages.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:

*        Experience or other credentials in teaching language arts at
the secondary level
*        High-quality publications and/or other demonstrated scholarship
within area of specialization
*	   Demonstrated excellence in teaching
*        Experience working with an intensive English language program
*	   Excellent communication skills
Application Procedures:

Application review begins November 1, 2011, and will continue until the
position has been filled.  For primary consideration, we must receive
initial materials by November 1.  We plan to interview candidates at the
MLA convention in Seattle in early January, or by telephone.  Applicants
who meet the required qualifications should apply online at
http://www.hr.uidaho.edu and include a letter of application, curriculum
vitae, and a writing sample of 10-20 pages illustrating scholarly focus.
Semifinalists will be asked to submit three confidential letters of
recommendation and graduate transcripts by mail to:

Gary Williams, Chair
English Department
University of Idaho
 P. O. Box 441102