[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] distance learning
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] distance learning
- From: Robert Lake <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:19:12 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0AH=fRtzbFbviTRckJ0=4+--WTjBkG7k3vR0M51mD_+tA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <000d01cc6155$7f986530$7ec92f90$@ch> <CAHCnM0AH=fRtzbFbviTRckJ0=4+--WTjBkG7k3vR0M51mD_+tA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
If any of you teach undergrads, this might be useful.
I had my first classes of the new semester yesterday .
The topic was on regional dialects of English as a way
to introduce Multicultural Education and my students.
What struck me was, they were so young that they
had never heard of the movie "Fargo".
Here is a profile of the mindset of the class of 2015.
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM, mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Nothing like chatting with the neighbors to keep up one's spirits on a
> cloudy day,
> Denise! Aren't we a distance learning group?? Darn near 24/7.
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Newnham Denise <email@example.com
> > HI all xmca's
> > I am doing my PhD with Bath and live in Switzerland that means that I
> > many hours alone in front of books and texts attempting to understand
> > is going on. It is extremely lonely at times and although the collective
> > learning can be understood to come through the words of the authors there
> > are no minds to bounce off. I would really like to thank all xmca's for
> > their interesting and mind opening debates. Sometimes when I am stuck
> > suddenly someone writes on just that problem area. These debates are what
> > makes me keep going and where I feel that I belong to a collective mind.
> > I actually recommend to distance learning institutions to do something
> > similar even if it is only internal, it is really psychologically
> > (cognitive etc) a great help and comfort.
> > Thank you all
> > Denise
> > __________________________________________
> > _____
> > xmca mailing list
> > firstname.lastname@example.org
> > http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
> xmca mailing list
*Robert Lake Ed.D.
Social Foundations of Education
Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8144
Phone: (912) 478-5125
Fax: (912) 478-5382
Statesboro, GA 30460
*Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
xmca mailing list