[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] FW: MCA on Thompson Reuters ISI list
- To: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] FW: MCA on Thompson Reuters ISI list
- From: Jenna McWilliams <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 03:15:21 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=addpDoLPKQlMpU9GRbHDs2evRotymD6DGXLtVAzJznI=; b=E+RYbGbPspgHnGFBLL3CDAY2Hdx7yyc2kdKu9mHm9iDAwXsfj7Dbzu6tLTZqRy4dkM eoia03J0VI1Ni8uGkCBFz3X3P6ZTdAQ7ZW+sSFQGksVN+4uC6D9S48iQuNa6eDMPeFtn ZOCD/vIQ9m2GTGcTkA7YoEL/y9zpMm6bf6jek=
- In-reply-to: <4E509C7A.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <1313900906.48304.YahooMailClassic@web122516.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> <4E509C7A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I feel a need to articulate how wonderful and exhilarating it is to have the
opportunity to witness conversations like this, if only from the sidelines.
sent via Droid
On Aug 21, 2011 1:50 AM, "Andy Blunden" <email@example.com> wrote:
David, your message sent me to check the "Instructions to Authors" and I see
they are out of date, and do not reflect current practice, so I will raise
this with the other editors and we can redraft the instructions according to
our current practice. That said ... the opportunity to submit commentaries
on articles previously published in MCA remains in place.
Eugene's commentary was 4,800 words; my commentary was 3,300 words. We need
to discuss, but I would have thought these are somewhat long for comments.
We will discuss. Generally commentaries are not subject to the same criteria
for publication. Both these were commentaries on edirorial practice, so they
were a bit trickier. We will discuss. I have tended to presume that original
manuscripts should be 6-8,000 words and all are subject to peer review and I
don't see any change in that. Book reviews are treated quite differently,
but we need to formalise this clearly.
The practice of publishing editorials has not been changed, but after the
editorial introducing ourselves, I don't see this as being a continuing
practice, and certainly there has been no talk of invited editorials, but we
can discuss it.
David Kellogg wrote:
> > Andy:
> > I don't really want to start in again on my own rejections. As you say,
> there are proba...
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > From: Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org
> > > Subject: Re: [xmca] FW: MCA on Thompson Reuters ISI list
> > > To: "eXtended Mind, ...
> > <http://email@example.com>>
> > > Date: Friday, August 19, 2011, 4:50 AM
> > >
> > > I am one of the editors, Arthur,...
> Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/ <http://home.mira.net/%7Eandy/**
> > Book: http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=227&pid=34857
> > <http://www.brill.nl/default....
> MIA: http://www.marxists.org <http://www.marxists.org/>
> > __________________________________________
> > _____
> > xmca mailing list
> > xmca@weber...
xmca mailing list