[xmca] Who is responsible for emotional displays of affect

I just read an interesting article in this month's Teacher's College Record.
It is not the method that I found interesting or the specific typology
generated. What I found revealing is the various ways we have come to
privatize emotional experience and "manage" emotion in culturally sanctioned
ways.  This article is discussing emotion in a graduate class but I believe
has relevance for paying attention to emotions in public school settings.
The exploration of how the class processed "clapping" is a phenomena I
experience in all school settings.  The loss of a sense of the public sphere
as we [even in graduate school] manage emotions as "encapsulated" private
experiences I found revealing.
See attached if interested [I hope this format transfers. I uploaded
directly from Teacher's College website]

Larry