[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] FW: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, OSL
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [xmca] FW: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, OSL
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:16:39 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AQHMWEPTlNREcMdahUWPIkCXRgAcfJUYBcJA
- Thread-topic: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, OSL
OFFICE OF SERVICE-LEARNING
THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
The Office of Service-Learning (OSL) at the University of Georgia invites applications for the position of Assistant Director. This position is critical member of the OSL’s senior leadership team and will provide campus-wide leadership to advance UGA’s curricular and community engagement efforts throughout the teaching, research, and service missions of the University. The successful candidate will also have a unique opportunity to provide the creative leadership necessary for expanding the role and scope of the office's mission and programming through implementation of a new strategic plan. This 12-month academic professional, non-tenure track faculty position reports to the Director.
The Assistant Director oversees a diverse portfolio of work including the following: supporting faculty development for service-learning course development and engaged scholarship; developing programs that support student engagement in public service and academic service-learning; assessing service-learning’s impact; and cultivation of community-university partnerships. Specific responsibilitiesinclude administering the Public Service & Outreach Student Scholars program (a strategic initiative of the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach); providing leadership for service-learning course tracking, course assessment, and program evaluation efforts; supporting anddeveloping faculty development programs; developing partnerships for the OSL’s community engagement hubs; and representing the OSL in a variety of university, community, and professional settings. The Assistant Director may also assist with fundraising, including researching and identifying funding sources, and writing and submitting grant proposals. This individual may also teach undergraduate service-learning courses related to their research credentials, and may be expected to develop and teach a graduate course on service-learning pedagogy and engaged research.
· PhD or equivalent terminal degree.
· 3-5 years progressively responsible administrative or program development experience in higher education.
· Demonstrated knowledge of service-learning theory and practice.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills for a wide variety of audiences.
· Ability to collaborate with diverse constituencies, work independently, utilize social media, and manage multiple projects.
· Previous experience administering or coordinating service-learning programs, experience administering faculty development and support programs, or administering student leadership programs.
· University classroom teaching experience.
· Understanding of community engagement trends in higher education.
· Demonstrated experience with assessment and evaluation of service-learning and community engagement programs and familiarity with survey research methods and analysis.
· Demonstrated potential to engage in scholarly work on service-learning and community-based research.
· Familiarity with the goals and importance of public service and outreach in a land grant setting.
The Office of Service-Learning is jointly supported by the Office of the Vice President for Instruction and the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach and is responsible for the support and expansion of academic service-learning and community engagement efforts at UGA. For more information, please visit www.servicelearning.uga.edu<http://www.servicelearning.uga.edu/>.
The University of Georgia, a land- and sea-grant university, is the largest and most comprehensive educational institution in Georgia, which enrolls 35,000 students, and is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta. The University of Georgia was recognized in 2010 as a Carnegie Community Engaged institution and is ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report’s 2011 edition of America’s Best Colleges. Additional information about the University of Georgia is available at www.uga.edu<http://www.uga.edu/>.
Applications materials should include a cover letter of interest outlining relevant experience and qualifications, current curriculum vitae, and the name and contact information for three references. Applications received by September 1, 2011 will be assured full consideration.
Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
In lieu of email submissions, written application materials may be directed to:
Dr. Shannon O.Wilder, Director
ATTN: Search Committee, Assistant Director
Office of Service-Learning
University of Georgia
1242 1Ž2 S. Lumpkin St.
Athens, Georgia 30602
Questions may be addressed to Dr. Shannon Wilder, 706-542-0535 (phone) or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> (email)
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Institution
xmca mailing list