Re: [xmca] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

LinkedIn is a pain in the arse.
I get regular messages from them even though I had never even looked at their site, let alone joined. But when I followed the link to "change my message settings" I can only stop the messages coming if I join! Catch 22!

Andy

Carol Macdonald wrote:
No Andy, it asked me to select some people on a reputable website, Linkin In, as South African professional site, and when I was reluctant to choose people, and exclude them, (about 1000) I didn't realise it would send my addressbook, so to speak. Ho hum, another one for the books. I don't know how these sites get your address boo. I discovered that Facebook has my address book too. Far too much fraternising. That flirt thing worked directly through Facebook I am sure, when I figured they had my picture and my address book. I think Facebook has loopholes. I have tightened them as far as possible. But now we have LinkedIn with access. But at least I am not flirting with everybody. I must send a generic apology. At the moment I am unsubscribing from all the newsletter, websites and so on which I have accumulated in 5 years of freelancing. I decided to leave LinkedIn because it is supposed to be quite harmless.... yeah well. And see the fancy title it gave me?