RE: [xmca] RE: The Social Creation of Inequality

Andy, you wrote:

"I stick to my position, that "institutions" should be regarded as
projects, not tools or material artefacts of any kind (though artefacts
are needed in the realisation of an institution, such as signage,
legislation, all kinds of documents, buildings, uniforms, etc., etc)."

Projects...... an intriguing, to me, idea - institutions as projects - particularly considering the root of the word - and its cousins, like "projectile", etc.

many thanks for this thought.

Phillip White, PhD
University of Colorado Denver
School of Education