Re: [xmca] John Shotter in 1995 discussing the link between Wittgenstein and Vygotsky

Larry, Monica, et al.

Many years ago, it must have been around 1976, I invited John Shotter to speak at Bedford College, University of London, where I was working as a research assistant.  For some reason they put me in charge of the invited speaker series, and John was my first invitation. He bought a "shoppers' special" train ticket from Nottingham to London. I don't recall whether or not he was drawing on Merleau-Ponty at that time - I had stumbled across M-P in college a couple of years earlier - but he was already working on topics that for me were interesting.

Small world, and smaller all the time!

Martin