Re: [xmca] Re: The 'activity' concept in CHAT

Dear all,

I recommend:

"Vygotsky's Neglected Legacy": Cultural-Historical Activity Theory
Author(s): Wolff-Michael Roth and Yew-Jin LeeSource: Review of Educational
Research, Vol. 77, No. 2 (Jun., 2007), pp. 186-232.

I have attached a PDF copy of it. I am new to CHAT and I am currently
reading this article by Roth and Lee (2007).

Best, David

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Nathaniel Dumas <
ndumas@linguistics.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> Tony, thanks for this! I've actually had the same question myself on how
> the turn to activities intersects with and diverges from the practice turn
> influenced by Bourdieu, DeCertau, and Giddens, amongst others. And thank you
> for the heads-up on the titles Andy! Much appreciated!!!
>

> Nathaniel Dumas
> UC President's Postdoctoral Fellow
> Department of Linguistics
> University of California, Santa Barbara
> http://ucsb.academia.edu/**NathanielDumas/About<http://ucsb.academia.edu/NathanielDumas/About>

David Isaac Hernandez-Saca
Ph.D. Student
Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education Leadership
for School-Wide Equity and Access Doctoral Program
Arizona State University (ASU)
Mary Lou Teachers College
Tempe, Arizona

Equity Alliance at ASU
Arizona State University
PO Box 876103
Tempe AZ 85287-6103
david.hernandezsaca@asu.edu

Have you seen our Language Differences Media Lab?  Find
practitioner-oriented videos and resources for teaching students who are
English language learners or speakers of African American English (AAE).

‎"Along with great promise, American culture has given education terrible
problems and few conceptual tools for finding solutions. Our job is to
confront current arrangements enough to do research that delivers on the
promise of equality and excellence for all."

- Ray McDermott