Re: [xmca] Article for Discussion

I would also like to discuss Julian Williams' article, so much so that I accidentally voted for it twice!

Bruce R
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Blunden" <ablunden@mira.net>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [xmca] Article for Discussion

Mike, I've been reading this article by Fernando Gonzales Rey, but I really am not interested in discusssing it. His periodisation of Vygotsky does nothing for me. I mean, to describe Vygotsky's view of the development of higher psychological functionse, as "objectivist" and some kind of regression from the period before he wrote "Historical Crisis", which puts him in the same basket as Behaviourism, is just so remote from how I read Vygotsky, I would rather just bow out of the discussion. I admit, I stopped reading before I got through reading Rey on this period in which Vygotsky apparently went backwards.

Any chance we could squeeze two articles out of Taylor & Francis for discussion? I would like to see a discussion about Julian Williams' effort to connect up a critique of formal education and Marx's analysis of capitalism and commodity production. Could we have two going at the same time?

Andy

mike cole wrote:
THNX FOR PICKING UP THE MISTAKE< ANDY