Re: [xmca] Wittgenstein

On 19 July 2011 19:45, Balzano, Gerald <gjbalzano@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Andy - I'm curious ... given the incredibly wide-ranging nature of topics,
> people, moods, what-have-you, that are offered up for discussion here, why
> "off-line" for Wittgenstein?
>
> [Unrelatedly: don't think some of us failed to notice your rather
> dismissive remarks about Wittgenstein in a note to Anna Sfard in the
> 'kitchen-sink/concepts' discussion of three months ago,

In lieu of Andy's response, I have more available to throw at that one.  ;)

I'm working through Langer's "An Essay On Human Feeling".  Which I'm finding
to be good material (both in agreement and disagreement).  A central theme
I'm inferring in her treatise is the notion of organ that encapsulates both
action and system.

Huw